General — CancerLyfe

General

What are you doing to keep your spirits up when they are getting you down or feel swollen in them?

April 2, 2023 in General

Past few weeks have been extremely hard. Medically, physically, emotionally, spiritually, etc.. How are you all managing in times where it seems a bit too much to handle sometimes? And is anyone with me pretending that they don’t feel like crap when it feels like your entire body is rejecting you? Or am I the only one because no one in my life is understanding this journey, and it’s a very hard. What are some things you do to preserve your energy and peace to get you through these times?

Any suggestions are wonderful! I have used a lot of mine and I’ll love the new ways to utilize healthy coping mechanisms.

1 - 3 of 3 Other Answers

• Swallowed, not swollen.

April 3, 2023
  • cpramirCare Partner

When I would get down during my partners cancer treatments, I would often feel overwhelmed and beaten up by my emotions. Since I was the care partner in the equation, I had to bottle-up my feelings and save them for a time when I would be on my own to express them. So, the I was in the middle of caring for my partner I would often have to go to the restroom, take a few deep breaths and sometimes I would take a very quick and hot shower to cleanse my body and spirit to just get me through the next few hours. I also learned how to set intentions and sage myself as an additional and quick calming exercise. When I realized I needed to have a day or two to express my suppressed emotions, I arranged for a dear friend to watch over my partner for two days a week. When I was home I would scream, punch, exercise, and curse my higher power. This all kept me from being completely swallowed by my heartbreak, fear, and service.

April 11, 2023
  • YSarraboPatient

I've started the morning with breathing and manifestation time-outs...positive energy only, then follow-up with 30 minutes of exercise training. You can't stay in that space all day, time is fleeting. I know for myself I have so much that I want to do and try to spin my thoughts into doing most of them, as fear can't stop my joy.

April 13, 2023